What is GoDaddy's Domain Broker Service?
Decided on the perfect domain for your online venture, but it's already registered? Our Domain Broker Service can be a great option to attempt acquiring the domain from the current domain owner.
Select a question to see its answer:
- What is Domain Broker Service?
- Are there any special terms?
- Why should I use Domain Broker Service to buy a domain?
- Does Domain Broker Service guarantee I'll get the domain?
- How do you contact the current domain owner?
- Can I sell my domain name through Domain Broker Service even if it's not registered through you?
What is Domain Broker Service?
Domain Broker Service, or DBS for short, is a service offered by GoDaddy to help you attempt to acquire a domain that's already registered. You'll be assigned a personal domain broker who'll reach out to the current domain name owner, negotiate a sales price within your budget and facilitate the domain name sales transaction. And we do all this while keeping you anonymous. Our brokers are domain experts and will do everything they can to make sure they get the domain you want at the lowest price for you.
Are there any special terms?
The Domain Broker Service purchase gives our agents a maximum of 30 days to negotiate a deal for you. Your purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you want to pursue a different domain name instead of the one you originally purchased, you must purchase a separate request to acquire the new domain name through Domain Broker Service.
Why should I use Domain Broker Service to buy a domain?
Coordinating and negotiating the sale of a domain can be a tedious and time consuming process. Domain Broker Service lets you sit back and relax while your broker agent does all the heavy lifting.
- We protect your privacy. You'll stay anonymous throughout the process. The domain owner will never know the buyer's identity.
- We network for you. As the world leader in domains, no one is better at finding out who owns a domain and how to reach them.
- Our name gets attention. Domain owners are more likely to engage with a request from GoDaddy than from individual buyers.
Does Domain Broker Service guarantee I'll get the domain?
Domain Broker Service guarantees a personal domain broker that will dedicate a maximum of 30 days to mediate a sale with the domain name's current owner. While we can't guarantee the acquisition of a domain name, we'll do our best to contact the current domain owner and negotiate a deal for you.
If we're unable to contact the domain owner to sell their domain name, then we can't move forward to acquire the domain name for you. Your domain broker will close your claim after 30 days, or after the domain owner informs us they won't be selling their domain.
How do you contact the current domain owner?
After you provide a budget range, we check the Registrant and Administrative contacts listed for that domain name in the WHOIS directory. More often than not, the registrant or administrative contact either owns the domain name or knows who does. Your domain broker will reach out to the owner by email or phone.
If the contact information associated with the domain doesn't lead us to the owner, your domain broker will only use publicly listed information to contact the him or her on your behalf.
Can I sell my domain name through Domain Broker Service even if it's not registered through you?
Yes! If we're able to reach an agreed upon price, our buyer purchases a transfer to move the domain's registration to us. You're responsible for having access to the Administrative email address on the domain (as listed in the WHOIS directory) and providing the transfer information sent to that email address. That information must be sent to us directly to complete the transfer.
- For the best security on your domains and account, we recommend setting up two-step verification.
- Make sure you enable auto renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.