Verifying contact information for ICANN Validation
The Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) with ICANN lets us act as a registrar and sell top-level domain names (TLDs) to our customers. ICANN — the organization that manages the Domain Name System (DNS) — refreshes their RAA agreement every few years and all registrars are required to remain compliant to continually sell and manage domain names. The most recent changes require us to verify registrant and shopper contact information.
We require email address OR phone number verification if:
- A new domain is registered with unverified contact information.
- A domain registrant updates their shopper email address or phone number with unverified information.
- We are notified or have reason to believe that a shopper's contact info is invalid.
If you have a contact verification banner in your domain name account, you must log in to the account the domain is registered in to verify your email address is active and accurate.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- If you see an orange notification banner at the top of the page, click Resend Verification Email. If you don't see a banner with the link in the Domain Control Panel, click on the domain name with a Pending WhoIs Verification status. The domain's page will have a banner with a resend button.
- Visit your email account, open the verification email, and click Verify your email address.
After verifying your contact information, our system will update your domain name from a Pending WHOIS status to a Verified status within 24 hours.
If you do not receive a verification email, you should:
- Check your email spam and junk folders.
- Update your registrant or shopper email address.
- Make sure our email email@example.com isn't on your blocked sender list.
- If you did not receive a verification email from us, you might need to update your domain registrant or account email address. Then complete the verification steps again to complete the process.