Uninstall an SSL certificate from my GoDaddy hosting
If you have an SSL certificate hosted on your GoDaddy hosting, Website Builder v6, Website Builder v7, or Quick Shopping Cart site, you will need to uninstall it before you can change the domain name.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- For SSL Certificates, select Manage All.
- Select the certificate you want to uninstall.
- Select Change the site that your certificate protects to expand the area.
- Select Remove your certificate from your hosted website, and then select Add Change.
- If you want domain ownership instructions sent, select Domain Control Options, select your chosen method and select Continue.
- Select Submit All Saved Changes.
It can take 24 to 72 hours for your certificate to uninstall.
- Now you’re ready to change the domain name which depends on the type of account you have:
Account type Next Step cPanel (Linux) Hosting Change the domain in my Linux Hosting account Plesk (Windows) Hosting Change the primary domain in my Windows Hosting account Website Builder v6, Website Builder v7, and Quick Shopping Cart Find the Change my domain name section in the guide for your product.
Website Builder version 6 guide
Website Builder version 7 guide
Quick Shopping Cart Help Guide
- After you've changed the domain name on your GoDaddy hosting account, you can change the domain name on your SSL certificate.