Unblock my Microsoft 365 email
If sent email is undeliverable and bounces with a Bad Outbound Sender error message, submit an Unblock Email request. Bad Outbound Sender errors include 550 5.1.8 Access denied, bad outbound sender in the received message. This is how the error might look in Outlook, though the message could look different depending on your email client.
Your unblock request can take up to 24-72 hours to be reviewed. We'll keep you notified with email updates and confirmation when the block is fixed.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- On the leftmost side, select Microsoft 365 Admin, and then Unblock Email.
- If you have multiple organizations, select the affected domain(s). If you have one organization, you'll continue to the next step.
- Select Bad Outbound Sender as the type of bounce you received.
- Select the date range when the email bounces began, or if they were previously resolved, when they started happening again.
- Enter your affected email address. If more than one email address is blocked, submit each email address on its own.
- Select Submit.
- We'll scan the email account for any issues, which can take a few minutes. Once you see the Block Details, select Yes if the emails were sent intentionally (sent by the email user) or No if they were sent unintentionally (not sent by the email user) and the email account might be compromised.
- Select Next.
- If the blocked emails were sent intentionally, review Microsoft's sending policy and clear the outbox.
- Or, if the blocked emails were sent unintentionally, select how the account was compromised:
- Phishing: The email credentials (like username and password) were entered at a fraudulent website. Learn more about phishing.
- Malware: A virus or other malware was downloaded and captured email credentials or sent email as the user.
- I don't know: The user doesn’t know the reason the address was compromised.
- Other: The user knows the cause for the compromise and it’s not due to phishing or malware. Enter the reason so we can improve this product and better meet your needs.
- Select the checkbox next to each task and Submit Unblock Request.
- If the email address in your GoDaddy account is affected by the email block, you'll need to enter a different email address and select Use This Email.
All done! We'll send your support ticket to the email address in your GoDaddy account (or the address entered in the previous step).