Turn on Advanced Security Options
Website Security provides a number of different options to help tailor the security of the firewall to your website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, select Manage next to the Website Security account you want to manage.
- Under Firewall, select Details.
- Select Settings.
- Select Security.
- On the Security page, you'll see Advanced Security Options. Below is a list of the security options that you can turn on to fine-tune your firewall.
Note: This option may prevent legitimate visitors from accessing your website and should only be applied only when your website is unavailable due to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Block anonymous proxies and the top three attack countries Enabling this option will prevent anyone from China, Russia or Turkey from interacting with your site. They are still able to view all content but cannot register an account, submit comments or attempt to login. The same restriction applies to users using anonymous proxy services to hide their IP addresses. Aggressive bot filter This setting blocks invalid user agents that do not match real browsers such as empty user agents, user agents that start with PHP/ and improper user agents from common browsers. Force passing the hostname via TLS/SSL This option will force passing the hostname during the SSL/TLS handshake.
Note: Enabling this may break your site, don't enable this unless your site is already broken.
Advanced evasion detection This option will enable our advanced evasion detection signatures. We recommend keeping it on, but if your site supports URL’s with non-ascii characters (like Japenese, Hindi, Russian, etc.) you may need to disable it.
- Now that you've reviewed and selected your security options, select Save Advanced Security Options.
- If you add or remove security options at any point, make sure to clear cache on your firewall.