Transfer my domain to another GoDaddy account
You can transfer a domain name from your GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account so long as the domain is eligible. Domains aren't eligible for an account transfer if they're pending a contact update approval, within one day of expiration, expired or already pending a transfer.
Domains transferred to another account will keep all existing DNS settings, but any connected products, such as a website or email, do not transfer with the domain.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the checkboxes next to the domains you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Transfer to Account from the action menu.
Note: Delegates must have Transfer Access permissions for the selected domains to continue the transfer process.
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Transfer to Account.
- Enter the new account owner's email address and then enter it again to verify.
- (Optional) Enter the new account owner's customer number.
- If you enter a customer number, the email address you entered must match the email address on the account for that customer number.
- Choose Yes or No to determine if you want the current contact info on eligible domains to be copied to the new account.
- Select Send Transfer Request.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
The transfer has started and now the recipient needs to accept the domains into their account. Select View My Transfers to review additional pending transfers, or select View My Domains to go back to your Domain Portfolio.
- Check the status of your account transfer to see if there are any additional steps you need to take.
- Domains transferred to another GoDaddy account can't be transferred to another registrar for 10 days.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.
- Protect your domain from accidental expiration and unauthorized actions by adding or upgrading Domain Protection.