Shorten forwarded URLs with GoShort
Turn a long URL for a forwarded domain into a short, tidy link with GoShort, GoDaddy's URL shortener. Forwarding a domain helps you connect visitors to other websites but the links can be a bit cumbersome, particularly when sharing on social media. GoShort helps you get a unique short link you can use for easier, faster sharing.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS and then select Forwarding.
- Select GoShort to expand the set up options.
- Enter your original, long URL in Long URL.
- Select Choose Domain and pick an available domain for your short link.
- (Optional) Enter a custom link that will be appended to the domain you selected in Step 5.
- Select your Link Type.
- Temporary redirect - 302 (Recommended): Tells users and search engines that this redirect is temporary and does not preserve search engine rankings. Best if forwarding is temporary, for example if you're building a new website.
- Permanent redirect - 301: Tells search engines that the site for your short link has moved permanently and preserves search engine rankings. Best if you plan to keep forwarding your domain for a long time, rather than having a separate website.
- Masked (keep URL in address bar): Keeps your short link in the browser address bar, instead of showing the destination URL. Some websites don't support masking and may not properly display the desination site.
- Masked with custom header: Keeps your short link in the browser address bar, instead of showing the destination URL, and sets the header height of the destination page. Some websites don't support masking and may not properly display the desination site.
- Select Shorten to save your changes.
Your short link typically starts working within moments but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.