Set up my Office 365 email on Outlook 2016 for Windows
Step 3 of the Set up my Office 365 account series.
Add your Office 365 email to Outlook 2016 (or newer) for Windows PC. Then you can send and receive business emails.
Watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Download it at the Microsoft site.)
- Click File then + Add Account.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and click Connect.
- Enter your Office 365 email password and click Sign In. You might be asked if you want to use this account everywhere on your device, make your selection.
Note: You might be asked to specify your account type as a Work or School or Personal. Select Work or School to continue.
- Once Outlook shows you the email address was added correctly, click Done.
Your email is on Outlook 2016 and you're good to go. If you want to add your email to another device, click Previous. If you're all set, head to the next step.