Securing your digital identity
It takes dedication to build a digital identity. Here are the ways we are dedicated to helping you protect yours.
Secure communication channels
We encrypt personal data provided to us via web forms using up to date standards to prevent others from intercepting the information in transit.
We require a unique method of identification, such as a username and password, to log into your account. You'll also be assigned a PIN to authenticate your account when calling or chatting with a GoDaddy Guide.
Our employees receive annual training and periodic bulletins regarding good security practices.
Layered approach to security
We protect our corporate network using many different layers of security.
- We employ physical protection measures to ensure the safety of our employees and equipment.
- We utilize a combination of software and devices to protect our network from would be intruders.
- We have a dedicated team of security professionals who oversee device and application security practices.
How you can protect your data
You are in control of your account security. Use good security practices to protect your personal data.
Secure your password
Here are some helpful tips for keeping your password secure:
- Never share your password.
- Do not reuse passwords across accounts.
- Log out of your account when you use a computer you share with other people.
- Many sites provide useful methods for creating strong passwords, including this National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) article on 'Easy ways to Build a Better P@$$w0rd.'
We recommend you change your password and shopper PIN at least every six (6) months for each account.
- For even greater security, consider setting up two-step verification.