Restoring a Linux Hosting Account
Hosting History is a feature in Linux shared hosting that lets you restore files or directories to their previous state from up to 30 days ago using the FTP File Manager.
Restore a File or Directory
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Tools section, click File Manager.
- Click the Settings icon, and then click Enable history view.
- Use the directory tree to navigate to where the file or folder resides that you want to restore.
- Below the toolbar, click the calendar icon to open the Quick Pick Calendar and select the date where you would like the file or folder restored. The directory list will refresh and display the version of your hosting account from the date selected.
- Click the check box next to the file or folder you want to restore and click Restore in the tool bar.
- In the Restore Files or Directories pop-in, select if you want the files to be copied to a new directory, or if you want to rename the files. When you're finished, click OK.
Note: The folder 'stats' is a system folder and may not be restored. Be sure to de-select that folder before attempting to restore.
Your files will be restored with the attributes you selected.