Request my SSL certificate
After you purchase an SSL certificate there are a few steps to take before your site is secure.
The first step is to request the certificate for the website's domain name (or common name) that you want to secure. How you request the certificate depends on the type of certificate you have and the type of web server your site is hosted on.
Choose the scenario that best describes your situation to see how you request your certificate:
- Standard SSL certificate with Managed WordPress, Websites + Marketing, or Websites + Marketing Online Store site
- Standard SSL certificate for a primary domain on my GoDaddy hosting account like Linux (cPanel) or Windows (Plesk), or a Website Builder v7 site
- Standard SSL certificate for secondary domain hosted on a GoDaddy hosting account or it is hosted with another company, and you have not generated a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Standard SSL certificate with a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Organization Validation (OV) or Extended Validation (EV) certificate for any site
Note: We offer a Managed SSL service where we install and manage the SSL certificate for you, if you prefer to spend time on other things.