Request for Disclosure of Non-Public Registrant Information
(On the Basis of Legitimate Interests Pursued by a Third Party)
For privacy reasons, personal information contained in registration data is no longer displayed in the public WHOIS. However, as an ICANN accredited registrar, GoDaddy is contractually mandated to permit third parties to request access to non-public registration data (“NPRD”).
Such requests can be made by emailing email@example.com, and will be granted only in cases where the requesting third party demonstrates a necessary and legitimate interests that outweighs the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Registered Name Holder or data subject (pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR and similar applicable laws). For domains that WHOIS results show Domains By Proxy as the registrant, please visit Domain By Proxy Subpoena Policy on how to proceed with this request, and we will provide instructions for requesting access.
Upon receipt of any request, we will provide any additional instructions for making a proper request, but, generally, we require each request to include, with sufficient detail:
- The specific identity of the requestor*
- The nature of and basis for the request.
- Identify the underlying domain name in question.
*If a party makes a request on behalf of the party that purports the legitimate interest, the party making the request must provide documentation proving it has authority to act on behalf of the interested party. In the event data is disclosed, GoDaddy will only disclose it directly to the interested party, and not the requesting party, so that we can ensure the data is handled according the requirements of its release.
Clarifications of Note:
- We take claims respecting abuse or infringement very seriously. For this reason, GoDaddy offers numerous dispute resolution mechanisms to help address both abuse and infringement activities on hosted sites*. We are very likely the most accessible registrar/hosting provider to address valid complaints, and which include:
- Submit IP Complaint (https://infringementform.com)
- Submit Abuse (https://abuseform.com)
- Inappropriate Content
- DBP claim (where applicable)
- UDRP or court dispute (subject to our Subpoena Policy)
* If the content is not hosted by GoDaddy you will need to address your complaint with the actual hosting provider of that website.
Additional Items of Note:
- The disclosure request is only for current domain contacts. We do not provide historical or archived contact information through this disclosure process.
- Disclosure requests must include the exact domain name under review - we do not fulfill partial match requests through this process.
- Disclosure requests are reviewed and fulfilled on a per-domain basis - we do not provide search results across multiple related domains or contacts using this process.
- We cannot provide any additional contact details aside from the following registrant, admin or tech name, postal address, email address and phone number.