Import products into WooCommerce with the Product CSV Import Suite
WooCommerce gives you an option to import your products using the Product CSV Import Suite extension. In this article, we'll show you how to create a CSV file of your products, then import it into your WooCommerce store.
Downloading and customizing the sample products CSV file
First, you'll have to create a CSV file. You can find a sample.csv file in the plugin folder or download it here.
Adding products to your CSV file
With a sample CSV file in hand, add each of your products according to the columns listed. In addition to the columns provided by the sample CSV file, other fields may be set to import further information. For a complete list of all fields available, refer to the CSV import suite column header reference.
Additionally, product images can be imported, but will take a few extra steps. For more information on including images within your CSV import, take a look at the images section of the Product CSV Import Suite FAQ.
Importing a products CSV into WooCommerce
After your products have been added to your CSV file, you're ready to import it into WooCommerce.
- Start by logging into WordPress.
- Next, install and activate the Product CSV Import Suite WooCommerce extension.
- On the left side menu of your WordPress admin panel, over over WooCommerce, then click on CSV Import Suite.
- Once within CSV Import Suite page, click on Import Products.
- Next, click on Choose File, browse to the CSV file you want to import, and upload it to your WooCommerce site.
- After your CSV file has been uploaded, make sure that your column headers are mapped to the correct fields in WordPress. If all of your fields are correctly mapped, click on Submit to import your products.