How do I get my 1099-NEC form?
If you qualify for a 1099-NEC form, we'll send it to the address in your Payee account by the end of January. To avoid a potential delay, please make sure your address is up-to-date no later than the first week in January.
Note that as of the 2020 tax year, some payments previously reported on the Form 1099-MISC will now be reported on Form 1099-NEC. Learn more here.
Each year, we send a 1099-NEC tax form to all resellers who meet the following qualifications:
- You received more than $600 in pay outs from GoDaddy in the previous year. Your Payment History report shows all payments from January to December that will be in your 1099-NEC.
- W-9 form was completed. See an example here. (This is part of the payee setup process.) Choose your tax classification as advised by your tax professional. Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single-member LLC, Partnership, or LLC-P all qualify for a 1099-NEC. Corporations (LLC-S and LLC-C) do not qualify.
- Payee account is set up as a U.S. resident. For non-U.S. residents, please consult a local tax professional for further instruction.
If you didn't meet the above requirements, you won't receive a 1099-NEC. If you meet the qualifications and you haven’t received a 1099-NEC by mid-February, or the information provided on the 1099-NEC is incorrect, please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
- See the IRS general instructions for filing these kinds of returns.
- Here's a list of tax-related Help articles.
Note: This information isn't intended to establish a relationship or advise you on taxes. It's always a good idea to consult a tax professional to learn more.