Fix Extended Character Errors
In preparing to Import Multiple Products to the Online Store, if you save your Excel product spreadsheet in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format, extended characters (such as é in resumé) will not display properly. To avoid the problem, you'll need to save the file as Unicode text.
Note: Other extended (or UTF-8) characters include superscripts, fractions, currency symbols other than $ (such as the euro's €), plus accent marks and non-English characters (such as ñ, ü, Ё, ؏, and 您).
- Reopen the CSV-formatted spreadsheet in Excel and save it as a Unicode file ending with the .TXT suffix.
- Open that just-saved .TXT file in Excel, then use the Replace function to find and replace all the file's tab characters with commas.
- Now re-save the Excel file in the UTF-8 format.
- If you haven't already done so, you'll still need to format your product spreadsheet to match the Online Store's product template.
- You're now ready to upload the file to your Online Store.