Export a MySQL database in cPanel
If you need a backup of your site's database, you can export it in cPanel using the Backup Wizard tool.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting. Then, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, select Manage.
- In the hosting account Dashboard, select cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel home page, in the Files section, select Backup Wizard.
- Select Back Up.
- Under Select Partial Backup, select MySQL Databases.
- Select the database to start the download.
The database will be automatically downloaded to your local computer.
Note: This method exports the database in the .sql.gz file format. If you need the .sql format, you'll need to unpack the file. If you don't have an app that unpacks .gz files on your computer, you can upload the file to File Manager, extract it there and then download it in the .sql format.