Enable root or admin access to my Generation 4 server
Here's how to enable root (sudo or substitute/super user) access to your managed or fully managed Generation 4 VPS or Dedicated Server. You might need this kind of access to install applications or make high-level changes to your server configuration.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the Generation 4 server you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, at the top of the page select Settings.
- In the Access section, next to Admin Access, click Manage.
- Select Enable Admin Access (root account sudo access) then click Save. In the Settings section, Admin access is now enabled.