Edit an NS record
Edit your existing custom NS records to change the settings for a specific subdomain prefix pointing to different set of nameservers. We'll automatically configure NS records needed for your default DNS when managing DNS with GoDaddy, and these records can't be modified. Custom NS records let you manage DNS for the subdomain on a separate DNS service.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see the Edit DNS option.
- Select Edit next to the NS record you're editing.
- Edit the details for your NS record:
- Name: The host name of the subdomain prefix you'll be pointing to.
- Value: The nameserver you want the subdomain prefix to point to.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to complete your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Add a new custom NS record to your zone file, or delete an existing custom NS record.
- Create a template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Keep your domains organized with folders and preset profiles.