Design and publish your website
Step 1 of the moving a store to Websites + Marketing series
First things first, you need a website for your store to live in. To set up a store, you’ll need a Websites + Marketing Commerce or Commerce Plus plan. If you’d like to try it out, but you’re not quite ready to commit, you can always start with a free trial plan. Design your site, kick the tires. Then, if (when!) you decide to make the jump, you can upgrade your trial plan and keep all the work you’ve already done.
Once you complete the initial onboarding, visit your Products page and select your website, then Edit Website. This will take you to the website builder where you can manage everything about your site – pick a theme and colors, add pages and images, connect a domain, then publish!
That’s a quick explanation – but don’t worry! We’ve got detailed steps to help you through.
- Just want to get set up and get going? Check out the basic steps to set up your website.
- Want all the details? Learn all there is to know with our Getting Started with Websites + Marketing eLearning course.
Actions to take:
- Choose your plan. Start a free trial or select and purchase your Websites + Marketing plan.
- Personalize your home page. Customize your home page and add a company logo.
- Create your look. Customize your website with a new theme, curated color palette and fonts that represent your visual brand.
- Add webpages. Learn how to add and reorder the pages that appear on your website.
- Connect a domain. Link a domain to your website. (Your website comes with a standardized domain name – you can always update it with a customized domain later.)
- Publish your website. Publish your new website! Don’t worry if you’re not ready to show the world yet… you can keep your website private for now.