In this article, we'll walk you through connecting your WooCommerce store with VK (Vkontakte), so your customers have more options for logging in to your store.
Required: WooCommerce Social Login is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
Create a new application
To connect your WooCommerce store and VK.com (Vkontakte), you need to first create an application through VK.
- Sign into VK.
- Check your profile settings to ensure you've set a mobile phone number that can receive SMS messages. A security code will be sent when you create the application.
- Navigate to Create an Application and complete the form:
- Title – Enter a name that your website visitors will recognize.
- Category – Select Website.
- Site address – Enter your website URL (e.g. http://www.coolexample.com/).
- Base domain – Enter the domain name of your website without a protocol or path (e.g. coolexample.com).
- Click on Connect Site and enter the confirmation code from the SMS message you receive.
- After providing your confirmation code, you’ll be redirected to the application screen. Click Settings on the left to get your Application ID and Secure Key. You will use these to configure your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on VK.
- Select Enable VK.
- Enter the Application ID and Secure Key you copied from VK.
- Click on Save changes.
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: