Connect to my Managed WordPress server with SSH (Secure Shell)
Once you've enabled SSH on your Managed WordPress account, follow these general steps to connect via SSH using a client.
- A Managed WordPress Deluxe, Ultimate, or Ecommerce plan. (Basic plans need to upgrade to include SSH access)
- An SSH (Secure Shell) client, we suggest PuTTY for Windows, or Terminal for macOS.
- Your Host, which can be your domain name or IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Your FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Username and Password (steps 1-5).
Got all that info? Let's get started!
- Launch your SSH client.
- Enter the Host (your domain name or IP address) and Port (22 for SSH) to establish the SSH connection.
- When prompted, enter your FTP Username and Password.