In this article, we'll show you how to create an app for the Facebook social network that can connect to your WooCommerce Social Login option.
Required: WooCommerce Social Login is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
Create a new app
Before beginning, ensure that Force SSL for all providers is enabled in WooCommerce Settings, under Social Login as this setting is required by Facebook.
- Sign in to developers.facebook.com.
- Go to My Apps and click on the Create App button (Add a New App button if you've already created one).
- Select the Consumer option since this app will be used to integrate Facebook Login on your website.
- Add an app name and App contact email.
Note: Connecting your Business Account is optional, so you may skip that part if you prefer.
- Click on Create app.
Configure Facebook Login
- With your app now created, go to Facebook Login and click Set Up, but do not use the “Quickstart” you’re taken to.
- Go to Settings on the left side menu and select Basic.
- Scroll toward the bottom and select Add platform.
- Select the Website option and click Next.
- Set following the basic details for your store:
- Display name - (the name of your store; will be shown to customers when they approve app access to log in),
- Site URL - Enter your website URL (e.g. http://www.coolexample.com/).
- Namespace - An optional identifier that can be helpful for sites operating on subdomains.
- Category - Select the option most relevant to your business.
- Click on Save changes and toggle the App mode status in your top bar to Live.
- With your app now created, go back to the Basic settings and copy the App ID and App secret. You will use these to configure your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on Facebook.
- Select Enable Facebook.
- Enter the App ID and App Secret you copied from Facebook.
- Enable the Redirect URI option and copy the listed URL, you will use it to wrap up in the following section.
- Click on Save changes.
Set OAuth redirect URI
- Return to your Facebook Developers app Dashboard.
- Select Settings on Facebook Login.
- Enter the copied URL into the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field.
- Click on Save changes.
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: