In this section, we'll show you how to integrate WooCommerce with Disqus so your customers can login to your WooCommerse store using their Disqus credentials. This would provide your customers a quick and easy way to log in to your store and checkout.
Required: WooCommerce Social Login is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
Register a new application
- The first step is to register a Disqus application and log in.
Go to the Applications tab and select register an application.
- Fill in your application details with the following:
- Label: Used identify the application.
- Description: Brief summary of what the application does.
- Organization: Your organization or company name.
- Website: Application website URL.
- After you enter these details, select Register my application.
Configure application settings
- From the Applications tab, click on Settings.
- Change the following two fields:
Note: (Optional) You can also set your icon here if you want your logo visible to users when authorizing your site to use the Disqus login.
- Domains: Enter your WooCommerce store URL.
- Authentication: Set the Default access to Read only
- Click on Save Changes.
Click on Details.
- Scroll down to OAuth settings and copy the API Key and API Secret. You will use these to configure your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on Disqus.
- Select Enable Disqus.
- Enter the API Key and API Secret you copied from Disqus.
- Click on Save changes.
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: