Connect an external domain to my Website Builder version 6 or 7 site
This article is specifically for redirecting a domain registered with another provider to your GoDaddy Website Builder version 6 or version 7 site. If you have Websites + Marketing, see how to connect your site to a domain./p>
- Open the website of the provider where your domain name is registered.
- Follow the provider’s instructions to where you can update your DNS (domain name system) records.
- Use the following values to update the A record's @ value and TTL, and the CNAME's www value and TTL:
- Type: A @ value: 18.104.22.168 TTL: 3600 (1 hour)
- Type: CNAME www value: (Your domain name here without www in front. For example: mycoolsite.com) TTL: 3600 (1 hour)
After you’ve made changes to your DNS, be patient. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to 72 hours for the changes to go through and your domain to start working.
- All Website Builder version 6 sites and some version 7 sites have been upgraded to Websites + Marketing. See our help articles if you have any questions.
- Go to go.me/webdemo to sign up for a live webinar demo and see recorded demos.
- Go to go.me/getonline for a guide walking you through all the steps of getting your site set up and ready to use.
- Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help you walk through the process or answer any questions at (480) 463-8333.