Check PHP 7 compatibility of WordPress plugins and themes
If you would like to test your WordPress website for PHP 7 compatibility just follow these steps.
There are many plugins that can be used for this, we will cover installing the PHP Compatibility Checker plugin. If you decide to use a different plugin, be sure you choose one that is actively being maintained.
- Log in to WordPress
- Install the "PHP Compatibility Checker" plugin in WordPress.
- Activate the plugin.
- From the menu on the left expand Tools.
- Select PHP Compatibility.
- In the Scan Options section select the PHP version you want to check compatibility for:
- PHP Version
- PHP 7.0
- PHP 7.1
- PHP 7.2
Note: For sites hosted on Managed WordPress 2.0 you should check for PHP 7.1.
- PHP Version
- Select one of the following:
- Only scan active plugins and themes.
- Scan all plugins and themes.
- Click the Scan Site button and allow time for the operation to run.
Note: The length of time required is based on the number of plugins and themes that are being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete you can review the Scan Results.
- Click on the Download Report button
There are some limitations and caveats for this plugin that may impact certain WordPress sites. The developer's site has additional details, as well as an FAQ for the plugin.
- Return to Performance report for WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.