Changing Cisco ASA 5505 Hardware Firewall Passwords
You can reset both the Enable and Telnet passwords for the Cisco ASA 5505 through the Cisco Device Manager.
You cannot reset the password if you forget it. If you forget the firewall password, you must reprovision your server (more info).
To Change Cisco ASA 5505 Hardware Firewall Passwords
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address] (You might receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as Trusted, you will avoid warnings in the future).
Depending on which Cisco ASDM version you have installed, several options might display. If so, click Run ASDM Applet.
- When prompted, type your server User name and firewall password. Click OK. You will be prompted to login twice.
Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- In the Device Manager toolbar, click the Configuration icon.
- Click the Properties icon in the left menu.
- In the Categories tree on the left, expand the Device Administration folder and select Password. Both the Enable and Telnet passwords can be reset in this window .
- In the appropriate panel, enter the old password, the new password, and the new password again. The new passwords must be an exact match.
- Click Apply.
Clicking Reset discards any changes and causes the panel to revert to the last saved information.