Change the SSL mode on your Web Application Firewall (WAF)
If you have an SSL certificate set up on your website and enable the Web Application Firewall (WAF), sometimes you'll need to adjust your SSL mode for your website to work correctly.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, select Manage next to the Website Security account you want to manage.
- From the navigation menu, select Firewall.
- On the card for your website, select SSL from the menu.
- Scroll down to SSL mode. Choose the SSL mode that makes sense for your website and then select Save.
- Full HTTPS - This is our preferred method for protecting your website, but it requires you to install an SSL certificate on your hosting server. This fully secures your traffic from your customers, to our firewall, to your website.
- Partial HTTPS - If your website doesn't have an SSL installed, we'll proxy one on your behalf. This helps prevent Man in the Middle (MitM) attacks by securing the part of your traffic that takes place between your customers and our firewall.
- After you make changes to your SSL mode, you can clear your WAF cache to make sure your website is working correctly.