Change comment approval settings in WordPress
To ensure that only authorized comments appear on your WordPress site, follow these steps to enable options for comment approval.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Settings and then Discussion.
- In the Before a comment appears section, select the checkbox next to each of the following options to enable them:
- Comment must be manually approved.
- Comment author must have a previously approved comment.
- (Optional) If you want to be notified whenever you need to approve or delete the comment, in the Email me whenever section, select the box next to A comment is held for moderation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save Changes.
When enabled, these options will prevent spammers from leaving unauthorized comments on your site.