Change a user's email address in the WordPress database
You can update your WordPress email address in the database, which can help if you can't receive the password reset email.
- Sign in to phpMyAdmin.
- In phpMyAdmin, on the left menu, select the name of the database your site uses.
- Select the wp_users table (select the text, not the checkbox).
Note: wp_ is the default database table prefix. If your table prefix isn't wp_, focus on finding _users. There should only be one _users table.
- Next to the user you want to update, select Edit.
- In the Value column, delete the contents of the user_email box and replace it with the new email address.
- Select Go to apply the change.
Reload the WordPress login page in a browser, and request the password reset link again to receive it to the new email address.
- If you don't want to change the email address yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.
- If you don't get the password reset link to your new email address in a few hours, you can reset your WordPress password in the database.
- Here's what to do if you're unable to sign in to WordPress.