Auto-blogging, article spinning, and SEO-inflation (resource overusage)
You cannot host applications that perform artificial SEO inflation, also known as 'article spinning.' Doing so can cause significant overuse of hosting resources.
Is this an issue for me?
Here are some common causes of overusing resources on your hosting account:
- Automatically generating content from large collections of RSS feeds
- Automatically generating content strictly for SEO purposes
- Automatically duplicating unique external site content
- Hosting web scrapers, site scanners, or other automated content generation applications
How can I correct this issue?
You can try to correct resource usage caused by article spinning by following any and all of these steps:
- Remove any and all article spinning and/or auto-blogging applications.
- Remove any automated content generation for strictly SEO inflation purposes.
- Migrate to a VPS or dedicated server if the above steps are not an option.
If you are still experiencing issues with resource usage, review your hosting for other possible causes at Common causes for resource overusage (Linux).
You will want to make sure that you are correcting the underlying cause to any resource issue. Simply removing sites and/or files without correcting the underlying issue can cause the problem to recur.