Add FTP users
By creating additional FTP users, you can give other people FTP access to your hosting so they can also upload files or manage your site. You can limit what these users can have access to, and how much they can upload.
- In the Files section of cPanel, click FTP Accounts.
- Not in cPanel? Log into your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Add FTP Account section, complete the following fields, and then click Create FTP Account:
Field What it means Log In The first part of your username. The full username includes @[your account's primary domain name]. So if your primary domain is coolexample.com, and you enter ftpuser, then the full username for FTP will be email@example.com. Password The password for this FTP user. Directory The directory the user can access. If you want to give the user access to the entire account, enter nothing but a forward slash (/). Quota The amount of space (in MB) the user can upload to that directory. If you do not want to limit this user, you can select Unlimited.1
- Repeat these steps for any other users you want to add.2
FTP users are available as soon as you create them.
- 1 Quota - FTP quota limits are set by directory. So if you assign a user to an existing directory, it will already use existing files as part of the quota.
- 2 How many FTP users? - Economy and Deluxe cPanel hosting accounts offer 50 FTP users; Ultimate accounts offer an unlimited number of FTP users. You can find out what hosting plan you have in your account management page.
Your new FTP users can upload files with FileZilla.