Accepting domain account changes
An account change occurs when an account owner moves a domain from one account with GoDaddy (the initiating account) to another (the receiving account). You need to have an account with us to complete the account change and accept the domain name, and the domain name cannot be expired.
When an account owner initiates an account change in his/her account, we email information about accepting the account change to the receiving account's owner. The email message might contain a transaction ID and security code (if applicable).
Account changes expire after 10 days. However, the initiating account's owner can re-initiate it. For more information, see Move a domain to another GoDaddy account.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Domains menu in the upper left, click Pending Account Changes:
- Click Incoming Account Changes and complete one of the following:
- If the domain name displays in the list — Select the domain name, and then click Accept.
- If the domain name does not display in the list — Click Accept Emailed Changes, enter the following, click Next, and then proceed through checkout of the free transaction:
- Transaction ID — The identification code from the email we sent you.
- Security Code — The security code from the email we sent you.
It may take a few minutes for your domain name to appear in your account. To view the domain, hover over the Domains tab and click All Domains.
After the account change is complete, the domain(s) will not be able to be transferred for 10 days.