About .FOO domains
Charleston Road Registry (d/b/a Google Registry) is the sponsor and backend provider for the .FOO extension.
The .FOO extension is a secure namespace, so you need HTTPS and an SSL certificate for your website to load on most browsers. Due to these SSL requirements, GoDaddy's domain forwarding is not supported for .FOO domains. In order to forward your domain, you must point the domain to a hosting or forwarding service that uses an SSL certificate. You can learn more on how to activate your SSL Certificate here
Who can register .FOO domains?
Anyone can register .FOO domains on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registering a .FOO domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .FOO domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .FOO domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6