About .fm Domains
dotFM is the sponsor and Name Store aka INWX GmbH & Co. KG is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .fm extension that represents Micronesia.
Who can register .fm domains?
Anyone can register .fm domain names
- Must use: 3 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 - 10 years
- Renewal length: 1 - 10 years
- Your .fm domain renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domains for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .fm domain expires on October 10. If your domain does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved to another account, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .fm domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .fm domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.