cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

getting "Future home of something quite cool" after deleting a subdomain

Hello,

I deleted a subdomain and now when I go to it I am getting the "Future home of something quite cool" message and I do not understand why. There is no A record pointing to the subdomain. I would like to get the "cannot connect to site" or "cannot find server" etc. messages.

What do I have to do? There seems to be no trace of the subdomain.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bogc 

One quick question - When you said that you had checked to make sure the subdomain wasn't in the DNS - was this in the cPanel DNS or the GoDaddy DNS - these are 2 separate systems and unless you specifically configured the domain to use the DNS in cPanel it more than likely isn't using that one

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@bogc 

Without knowing your domain it's hard to say specifically. You say you deleted the subdomain - Did you do this at the cPanel level or the DNS level??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Yes, I did delete the subdomain using cPanel. And I also made sure there was no reference at the DNS level, i.e. there is no A record pointing to it.

Thanks

@bogc 

Can you share your domain so we can look - perhaps it is a caching issue

It is ok for now. I re-created the subdomain. Next time it happens I will call support.

@bogc 

One quick question - When you said that you had checked to make sure the subdomain wasn't in the DNS - was this in the cPanel DNS or the GoDaddy DNS - these are 2 separate systems and unless you specifically configured the domain to use the DNS in cPanel it more than likely isn't using that one

View solution in original post