cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

business hosting on godaddy shared or dedicated ip!

Hi
3 day ago I call the GoDaddy and I ask if I upgrade my hosting from sharing to business will get dedicated IP for my server the answer came after the operator ask the supervisor with yes I will get dedicated IP then I do upgrade and happy with it, but today when I get to my control panel I see Shared IP Address instead of dedicated one! what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
New

Re: business hosting on godaddy shared or dedicated ip!

I am also trying to understand business hosting is shared or dedicated... also in business hosting have

Unmetered traffic
Unlimited websites & databases
Standard SSL Certificateº

But all the time site is down

Solution

Hi @rkcol and @jadzed,

Welcome to the Community!

The Business hosting plans are a hybrid between a shared hosting environment and a virtual private server. All plans come with a free SSL to secure your website. The installation of the certificate will create the dedicated IP address on the website of the primary hosted domain. 

On a VPS, you would be required to be the admin for the server, whereas the Business hosting takes care of that for you. All of the plans allow for an unlimited number of websites with greater storage, unlimited databases, and greater RAM than shared hosting. Dedicated resources means all the memory and disk space on the plan are solely dedicated to your website. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Bangkokscoop.com 

always down and have business hosting also tried to add few more sites and lots of malware via wp-plugins

Hi @rkcol,

You will be responsible for managing your websites and keeping your plugins and updates current. We advise customers to use themes and plugins that are highly rated and are provided frequent updates by the developers. This minimizes any compatibility issues or malware intrusions.

You may also wish to test your sites using external tools to maximize the efficiency of your website. This external test shows that the URL you've provided is running very slow due to image and script issues that you control. If you go to the link, and click on the arrows to the right of the errors, you'll be advised of improvements that can be made to your website, to decrease your downtime. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support