cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Want to fully remove subdomain from cpanel

I experimented with a subdomain on my site of the type topic.domain.net.  I've decided I no longer wanted to do that and was able to delete the subdomain over a year ago using cpanel. So far so good. But now every time I view AWStats, cpanel asks me if I want the stats from topic.domain.net or domain.net.  How do I eliminate that prompt and get cpanel to forget topic.domain.net ever existed?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Solution

Re: Want to fully remove subdomain from cpanel

Hello 

Add-On Domain:

1. Login to the cPanel account.
  2. Go to the add-on domains. 

3. Under the Modify Add-on Domains, You can remove the Domain. Click on Remove Button. 
  4. You will be asked for confirmation to remove the Add-on domains. Click on "Remove". 

Sub-Domain:

1. Go to the sub-domains from the Domains Secsion. 
  2. Click the Remove Button for the Sub-domain which you want to remove. 
  3. It will ask you to delete it permanently. Click On Delete Sub-Domain. 

Note:

• You can not delete the Main Domain from your cPanel account. If you want to change the Main Domain, please contact our Support Team.
  • You can not remove an Add-on domain, if any sub-domain/parked domain pointing to the add-on domain. You have to remove the associated sub domain / park domain first.
  • It will remove the domains/subdomains only. The web files/data will not be removed by the system. You can remove the data from the File Manager.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study

Re: Want to fully remove subdomain from cpanel

Thank you for this advice @ZulWeb. I had already deleted the add-on and sub-domain over a year ago. cPanel says "No addon domains are configured" and "No Subdomains are configured" when I open the windows you indicate. Nonetheless, when I click on Awstats, it asks me to Select a Domain showing both topic.domain.com and domain.com. I want it to stop asking me about topic.domain.com and forget about it.  When I click on Webalizer, it only shows domain.com.