cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Search engine redirects and 500 Internal Server Errors...

I've been with GoDaddy for more than 10 years now...I have an Ultimate Web Hosting account (Linux), which hosts unlimited domains. I've never had a problem - until now. The root domain of my account is www.chris-ullman-designs.com. All my other domains are hosted underneath that one (maybe 15 of them). When you surf directly to the root domain itself via your browser, there are no problems. But when you go to the domain from a search engine, it redirects to an online pharmacy. (This is for www.chris-ullman-designs.com.) The other domains, when you click on them in a search engine, it returns a 500 Internal Server error. If you surf directly to them in a browser, the sites load fine. So it seems like I have some corrupted websites, malware, what have you. This is basically ruining my business as my customers' websites are getting zero traffic from the search engines as a result. My question is, does anybody know what this is, and how it can be fixed?...

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Search engine redirects and 500 Internal Server Errors...

@ChrisUllman 

That would be a base64 virus that places redirects in your website server files. The easiest and best way to take care of that would be GoDaddy's Website Security products. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community