cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Migration Help! Have I messed it up?

Hello there,

I have been a GD customer for over a year and bought my domain and hosting here. Yesterday, my ultimate hosting plan was expired so I wanted to renew it. However, when I noticed that there were cheaper options I gave them a call (in Turkey). They told me to buy the economy plan, cancel my existing one and restore it. 

So I did it, I went through Installatron and saw my Wordpress website backup. I got the latest backup archive and downloaded it. This archive contains all the Wordpress tree structures and everything I had uploaded there. 

Well, with this new starter hosting I, again installed Wordpress and manually uploaded the archive there and extracted it then updated wp-config.php (for db name and username) file. 

I wasn't able to find a place where I could show this archive for restoring my website. I'm a bit lost and can not find a solution. Do you think I messed it up? 

PS: I also updated DNS servers to match the ip address but my website can not display anything, only goddady template (Future home of something quite cool message)

Any help is much appreciated. 

Many thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Manual Migration Help! Have I messed it up?

Hi @ohbir71. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Hopefully you've already resolved this issue. However, if you haven't, then I'd suggest adding more details about what's happening, including the domain of your website. Other's might be able to offer suggestions if they can get a look at what's occurring. You may also want to get in contact with our customer care team again. They may be able to provide basic troubleshooting steps you can follow. Hope you're able to get this resolved. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper I

Re: Manual Migration Help! Have I messed it up?

The future home of something quite cool is a file in your public_html called home.html delete or rename that file