cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can I set up an email with a parked or forwarded domain?

I've had an email for years that I use to send updates for events. I recently switched hosting to GD, but not for that domain, which is registered with GD but unhosted. I don't want hosting for the email-in-question-domain, because I'm only using it for that email list and won't be needing it for anything else in the foreseeable future. For reasons of continuity, I'd like to keep using that specific address.

I've been told by GD support-who-don't-support-cpanel, that I will be able to set up an email address with the non-hosted domain, but I can't figure out how to get there from here and am beginning to think it isn't possible and that any emails coming to that address are now lost in the ether.

So. Can I set up an email address using cPanel with a parked or forwarded non-hosted domain?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,

LTD

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I set up an email with a parked or forwarded domain?

Yea - I figured it out! Maybe there's hope for this newbie yet!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on figuring this out @LongTallDrink! If you wouldn't mind, maybe you could share what you did. It may help others that find themselves in a similar situation. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Okay @JesseW , let's see if I can remember what I did...

First to cPanel admin, then to Addon Domains in the Domains section. Followed the instructions and voila, I now have the domain of the aforementioned email address added to my hosting package. After that was done, I just recreated the address in the Email section of cPanel.

I'm not sure yet if this was the right solution - maybe I should've use an alias instead of addon, but the email portion that I was most concerned with seems to be working, so I'll take that as a win and revisit the whole thing when I know what I'm doing. Hope springs etermal...

Now, if I can just figure out why I'm recieving emails in plain text and get it to rich, life would be grand.