Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Wordpress website very slowly

Hi,

I have a website made by wordress running on a windows hosting.

It took 15s to full load a page, but its about 3s in my localhost.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Is there any hosting or Wordpress configurations that can speed up the site ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Tr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New
Solution

,Re: Wordpress website very slowly

Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

I already do optimization, but no luck.

I think Workpress runs on a windows hosting could be the problem. I will switch to Linux server now

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Wordpress website very slowly

Hi @Tran, I'd recommend disabling your plugins and changing themes to test the performance of the site.  If it improves, you may have an issue with one or the other.  I'd also suggest visiting the official Wordpress website and search for "optimization".  That will give you some good suggestions on how to proceed: http://wordpress.org.  Good luck!  

MPC

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII

Re: Wordpress website very slowly

Hi @Tran,

In addition to the suggestions made by @MPC, check your image sizes and make sure they are optimized for the web.  Even with the most sleek of plugins, large images kill site performance.  I use a program called IrfanView. It allows me to web-optimize all of my images for a site in a single "batch" operation.  In addition there are image compression plugins for WordPress.  For example, https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smu**bleep**/   (Just noticed the community censor at work!  - search the wordpress repository for image compression.  First one listed!) I try to do as much optimization offline as I can to keep WordPress from having to work so hard.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Highlighted
New
Solution

,Re: Wordpress website very slowly

Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

I already do optimization, but no luck.

I think Workpress runs on a windows hosting could be the problem. I will switch to Linux server now

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I

Re: ,Re: Wordpress website very slowly

Hi @Tran,

I don't think the server type is the problem but I do think that the Linux server is a better fit for WordPress if you are more familiar with it, that may also be a plus to moving to Linux. When you run WordPress on Windows Server (depending on which Server version you are using), you have to be sure that all the scripts are added to run WordPress. If your site is taking 15 seconds to load, however, on the live server, you might be running into a problem with the scripts or there may be a conflict somewhere as mentioned in one of the other replies. 

As for optimizing the website, it sounds like your site is slightly bloated. If your site is taking 3 seconds on localhost, you might want to see what the load times are for your site. In order to do this, you have to analyze the site's performance on your localhost and on the live server. The more information that you can gather, the better.

You mentioned that you already optimize, what type of optimizing do you do? 

Joaquin 

Highlighted
New

Hi,

The site ran faster after switch to a Linux server.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII

Hi @Tran,

Thanks for letting us know!  Good info from @joaquinv08 on the Windows version of WP!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites