cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

WordPress Website not working continuously for more than 48 hours

My domain: https://ourmoonlife.com/

Purpose: Moon Research work

We are a non profit organization, willed towards the betterment of humanity in our research work. All we want is a website where we can publish our research work on a daily basis. Is it a too much of an ask. Are we too little to be squished on a daily basis, for such a task, on a paid service, on the year 2020.

Please help.

Kind Regards,
Livin S
Assistant Moon Researcher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jothimayamtrust 

Thanks for sharing that additional information!   What appears to be happening is your site is under attack from outside parties.  

It is not uncommon for shared hosting providers to step in and try to manage all that additional traffic so that others on the platform are not impacted.  So based on the screenshot you provided it isn't a "server" issue -- more a your site is under attack issue.

The questions I now have are:

Did they suggest any security measures to help to manage this?

How long has this been happening?  
Do you have a security plugin in place?

Let me know, okay? 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kindly the SEO impact it will have our steadily gained organic reputation with Google. 

Let me just say one thing, "when our traffic is so low, pointing at infrastructure for such issues is truly not acceptable"

Please consider the weight of this request.

@jothimayamtrust 

I checked your site and it is not displaying for me either.  Nor could I access your  WordPress login page.   Sites not displaying can be caused by many things including conflicts, incomplete updates, hacking or misconfiguration.   There is no way to know the cause (or to assume) until there is a review into your account/setup as to what is going on.

Being GoDaddy is not having any server issues at this time that I am aware of, that indicates to start by looking at your site and how it is setup.  But since you cannot login, you have to contact GoDaddy support for assistance.

No one here can view your settings or setup to know what the issue may be.  Only GoDaddy Support can determine what may be going on as they have access to your account, settings and files.

Then report back here what you find out as that may help others who may find themselves in the same situation, okay?  😉

Judith

@Muse 

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

I contacted Godaddy. The site keeping coming back infrequently. I mean, it comes alive for 2 mins. Then it does not load again. The support team keeps saying that it is some server issue they are facing which has to do with "mitigation".

jothimayamtrust_0-1580292021385.png

I checked all configurations and admin panel. It all seems to load fine, when the site comes back alive momentarily.

It looks like a server issue.

But having it down for such long period of time is frustrating 😞 

@jothimayamtrust 

Thanks for sharing that additional information!   What appears to be happening is your site is under attack from outside parties.  

It is not uncommon for shared hosting providers to step in and try to manage all that additional traffic so that others on the platform are not impacted.  So based on the screenshot you provided it isn't a "server" issue -- more a your site is under attack issue.

The questions I now have are:

Did they suggest any security measures to help to manage this?

How long has this been happening?  
Do you have a security plugin in place?

Let me know, okay? 😉

Judith

View solution in original post

@Muse 

To be honest, I highly doubt it is due to a security attack as they claim. It has been down for 3 days now. This has been happening only now not anytime in the past. I recaptcha and another security plugin in place.

I feel this only due to unethical practices of overloading one server instance with higher number of webiste and choking on it.

Leaving it so long without any resolution, emails or any official acknowledgment. Is straight denial of service in my eye.

Let them play their game till time permits.

@jothimayamtrust 

I totally understand why you feel that way.   It should be not going on and on.  That's why I asked the questions I did as something doesn't make sense based on the screenshot and info you provided.

You can try contacting support and requesting that the issue be escalated and that you want to discuss with someone who can provide the answers you need:

=> Clarify exactly why this is happening.  Is your site under attack or another and what are they doing about this -- specifically to get site back up and running?

=> Is there anything you can do to mitigate this from happening in the future?

=> If not, what is GoDaddy doing specifically, to resolve this now and prevent it from happening in the future?

The answers to these questions will help you decide what to do next....

Judith

Hi @jothimayamtrust,

Welcome to the Community!

When a GoDaddy server is placed under "mitigation" it IS primarily due to outside attacks on the websites on the server, yours included. This action is taken to protect GoDaddy's customers' websites against malicious actions and malware. The security suggestions made by @Muse are excellent ones to implement. However, until the server administrators deem the danger to be over, this cautionary action will remain in place. Once removed, your website should perform consistently as expected. 

A quick external review of your website also shows a number of other actions you can take to insure this consistent resolution once mitigation is over. Please review the results here to make the recommended improvements to images and redirects on your website for faster resolution of your content when served up to your visitors.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support