cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why buy Deluxe wordpress package?

Hi, We bought this package, only to realise too late there was no email included: GoDaddy told us we had to buy it extra.. Which all of a sudden meant multiplying the costs by two for the set up of the website!

We don't understand the interest of the package: being more a BLUEHOST expert, where customer service is more than a 24/7 person who just tells you "too bad" you chose the wrong package!" I am now 1) wondering what to do. We are a charity, all funds go to kids who need it 2) we need email adresses to communicate .

So do we migrate to Bluehost and pretty much realise we paid 217EURO for nothing for this package when it is free on bluehost? Do we pay an additional 72EURO (for the first year, after it is twice the price) to have an email address? We're lost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@vreinhold 

I just replied to your other posting - but for those that find this one.....

GoDaddy is offering a Managed WordPress services - this is different than the typical hosting you see with Bluehost and others.

This article gives a great explanation of the differences (both from a marketing and technical perspective) https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/shared-vs-managed-wordpress-hosting/ 

I am on a number of WordPress facebook groups - and I will say that at least once a month - every host is mentioned as to it was great and now it isn't.... It is all based on your needs and using the right platform for it - the other thing I see a lot of is people purchase hosting for 2,3 or more years to get a deep discount, but than they want to switch for many reasons and they can't get a refund OR the initial period is up and then the plan renews for double or more because they can no longer get the discount.

I hope this helps you and others.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@vreinhold 

I just replied to your other posting - but for those that find this one.....

GoDaddy is offering a Managed WordPress services - this is different than the typical hosting you see with Bluehost and others.

This article gives a great explanation of the differences (both from a marketing and technical perspective) https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/shared-vs-managed-wordpress-hosting/ 

I am on a number of WordPress facebook groups - and I will say that at least once a month - every host is mentioned as to it was great and now it isn't.... It is all based on your needs and using the right platform for it - the other thing I see a lot of is people purchase hosting for 2,3 or more years to get a deep discount, but than they want to switch for many reasons and they can't get a refund OR the initial period is up and then the plan renews for double or more because they can no longer get the discount.

I hope this helps you and others.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post