cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Uploading downloaded plugins does not work

I have just upgraded to Godaddy Deluxe Linux hosting. Installed GeneratePress theme. Bought GP Premium plugin for new site and tried to upload but does not install. I get 404 and if I change permalink a 503 error. Please help! Tried to find answers here in Support and on Internet. Nothing helps. I got same ticket out at GeneratePress. With other plugins I downloaded and try to upload and install I have the exact problem.

Thanks!

Nicolaas

Plug-ins I tried to install:

Thirstyaffiliates
GP Premium 1.7.8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Uploading downloaded plugins does not work

Called GoDaddy Support and went for the workaround by using cPanel File manager. Works fine.

So issue uploading via WordPress not solved. Acc to GD could be PHP memory issue in shared hosting environment.

Nicolaas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

And this is what I got when I changed permalink to Plain and tried to upload Premium:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks for looking at it!

Nicolaas

This is what Debug Bar tells us:

ells Re:

wp-admin/update.php

Query String:

pagename=wp-admin%2Fupdate.php

Matched Rewrite Rule:

(.?.+?)(?:/([0-9]+))?/?$

Matched Rewrite Query:

pagename=wp-admin%2Fupdate.php&page=

Solution

Called GoDaddy Support and went for the workaround by using cPanel File manager. Works fine.

So issue uploading via WordPress not solved. Acc to GD could be PHP memory issue in shared hosting environment.

Nicolaas

View solution in original post