cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable To Access Wordpress Admin after Active Directory Privacy

Hello,

I use the Directory Privacy feature for my wordpress website, but when I set up Directory Privacy (password protect) for wp-admin I can not access the admin page ("This page isn’t working" on browser). This function works very well in other hosting but i got issue when using hosting of Godaddy.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Thank You,

Vietnet

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: Unable To Access Wordpress Admin after Active Directory Privacy

Hello @vietnet!

Thank you for posting. To help everyone understand what you're experiencing, can you provide more information? Which type of hosting do you have, are you locking down the entire directory? Etc. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi 

My Linux Hosting info:

Deluxe Hosting

• 1 CPU
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 250,000 files
  • 100 entry processes

------

I set password protect for /home/xxxxx/xxx/vinawang.com/wp-admin direcroty. w1.png

after that, i can'l login to my admin of wordpress website: vinawang [dot] com/wp-admin/w2.png

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

Solution

Hi there.

You don't need password protect to your wp-admin, it's already protected. Describe with details the method you followed.

If you have root access to the server, login with ssh:

SSH Client Software

There are a variety of SSH clients that you can use to connect to a Linux server. We will cover the following two:

• OpenSSH (Linux and Mac OS X): A collection of software that ships with most Unix-like operating systems that include the ssh command
  • PuTTY (Windows): A free SSH client that can run on Windows, and is available for download on the PuTTY Download Page. putty.exe is the SSH client, and puttygen.exe should also be downloaded if you want to use SSH keys.

The go to the wp-admin directory

cd /home/username/public_html/wp-admin

There most probably if you password protected the directory with .htaccess pass if you do:

nano .htaccess  you should delete the password protection code.

Hi @stefanowpcom,

Thanks for your answer.

Vietnet