cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Issue with Images loading on wordpress site, after add-on domain is added.

I installed a wordpress application, and began the building process. An issues arised that I've searched for an answer for a while now, and can't figure it out.

I initially setup the website in a sub-folder of a current site.

The Primary domain on the hosting account is www.deepbluekayakfishing.com -- In the root folder is the main Wordpress installation, with all of appropriate folders/files/etc...

I setup a directory called /dev/ and installed a second version of wordpress in a secondary directory /deepbluefishing/ -- So the URL would be www.deepbluekayakfishing.com/dev/deepbluefishing/

This second wordpress would be an entirely separate site that I would utilize an Add-On Domain to direct traffic to: www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com

Now, I did this a few times, and each time the same result...

1. I installed the wordpress application.

2. Logged into the wordpress via www.deepbluekayakfishing.com/dev/deepbluefishing/

3. uploaded a few images and started organizing things -- Everything, at this point populated fine...
4. Setup the Add-On Domain (Both domains are hosted within my account), and after I set up this add-on domain, all images would be broken inside the site, once accessed through www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com

What could be the problem? I'm confused, and at a standstill. I haven't found any support, and GoDaddy doesn't know, off-hand, either.

I feel like it's something simple. Could it be a firewall issue? They do have security setup for the main domain.

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.05.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.05.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.06.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.09.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.09.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.21.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.05.40 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Issue with Images loading on wordpress site, after add-on domain is added.

@SlamCoastMedia 

Try to blank that out - as I think that is causing your issues - now that you pointed the domain to the site it doesn't see the dev folder and everything above that

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@slamcoast 

My suggestion is to install Go Live URL plugin and you can put in the old / new URLs and it should update all the pointers correctly

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

I installed the plugin (Go Live Update URL), and set up the previous URL and the current URL, and nothing changed on the end result.

I'm confused as to why it's doing this. Never have I seen images not populate. No issues with the PHP, no issues with the hosting platform, no issues with the website, as they populated prior to the ADD-ON Domain being activated. It just doesn't make any sense...

Continued help is appreciated!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SlamCoastMedia @slamcoast 

When you right mouse click on the image and select open in new window  - what is the URL

http://www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwenty/screenshot.png

This is what it should be and you can see that it loads correctly.

Highlighted

@PL281 

This is one of the images:

http://www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Frank-Sailfish-Action-copy-2.jpg

It does show up if it's loaded this way. However, on the backend, it won't show anything. And when it's added to a page, it doesn't show anything, either.

Page: http://www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com/?page_id=2

It just doesn't seem to be working at all.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SlamCoastMedia 

This is the image it is trying to load http://www.deepbluefishingchartersfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Frank-Sailfish-Action-copy-2-102...

What's odd it it keeps throwing a trailing / to the URL - did it not generate the thumbnail (other size images)

What if you go to Settings -> Media is there a path in there ???

Highlighted

This is the path in Settings > Media: /home/mt8c8pxc7pg6/public_html/dev/deepbluefishing/wp-content/uploads

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.49.26 AM.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@SlamCoastMedia 

Try to blank that out - as I think that is causing your issues - now that you pointed the domain to the site it doesn't see the dev folder and everything above that

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Okay, I blanked it out, and saved, and still the same thing, but now no where to edit that portion, either.

I updated the permalink from plain to post-name and it seems to have fixed it?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SlamCoastMedia 

It could have been a combo of the 2 issues

Highlighted

Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully, this helps someone else, if ever needed. Hopefully, it's never needed.