cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to Stage a WordPress Site Without Managed WordPress?

I currently have an active, non-WordPress site being hosted on GoDaddy. I want to build a new site in WordPress while the current site stays active and, later, switch to the new WP site. So, basically, I need to set up a staging site but I don't want/need Managed WordPress. I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about doing this within GoDaddy without Managed WordPress.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to Stage a WordPress Site Without Managed WordPress?

Hi there!

This one is easy peasy! You would just purchase a shared hosting, business hosting, or VPS/Dedicated server package that runs cPanel. From there, you'd just add in a subdomain for your development sites such as dev.domain.com or test.domain.com. From there, just use Installatron to install WordPress to that directory and there you go.

Once you're done, just use a plugin or manually back up the site and then upload it to whatever platform you're gonna use.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community