cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help With Hero Image on Theme (GoDaddy Mins Theme - or any theme)

I am using the GoDaddy Mins theme, but I think this would apply to any theme. Note: Complete WordPress Noob.

When I view my Hero image (home page) on a not too wide screen (say 1200 wide) or make the window that wide, it looks OK, but, when I view it full screen (on like a 1920 x 1080 screen), it resizes the image to my head, and I DO NOT want that.

I've tried looking at all the settings in the WordPress WYSIWYG editor for Images, Hero Images, etc.

Does anyone know a way to make this NOT happen? I tried to uploaded images here both in Chrome and Firefox, and the uploader sits there and hangs, so here's the link on the site being constructed: http://www.basiclifeskillsacademy.com/

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a solution!

My Best,

Kevin

Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Help With Hero Image on Theme (GoDaddy Mins Theme - or any theme)

Hey @kseidule

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

As for the image resizing/re-centering issue you're seeing, that is likely something that's being controlled within the CSS of the theme itself. If you're familiar with CSS scripting, it should be possible to modify this specific aspect of your theme to prevent the image from auto-adjusting based on the size of the browser window the site is viewed in. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

As for the image resizing/re-centering issue you're seeing, that is likely something that's being controlled within the CSS of the theme itself. If you're familiar with CSS scripting, it should be possible to modify this specific aspect of your theme to prevent the image from auto-adjusting based on the size of the browser window the site is viewed in. 

Thanks! Yeah, I know I can add CSS to the site, but HOW for a newbee like me - no idea.

Highlighted
New

kseidule, how did you resolve the issue? I notice your website, https://basiclifeskillsacademy.com/, no longer has that problem. How did you fix it?