cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Future home of something cool

My simple website is working fine (daytonastate.info hosted by Godaddy). My main site (daytonastate.edu hosted by AWS) is also working fine. During the maintenance of a main site (daytonastate.edu) I want to redirect users to the daytonastate.info page. The problem is that no matter what I do (use load balancer or DNS), both options are coming up with the “Future home of something cool” page at GoDaddy. What is wrong? and How do I fix the issue?

Cez
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Future home of something cool

Hi @Cez,

It would seem the quickest solution would be to create a simple forward on daytonastate.edu, masked if necessary. If your DNS provider for the domain does not allow for this, you may wish to take the action at GoDaddy. You can create off-site DNS for the .EDU domain and create the forward in that way.

OR, if your hosting at GoDaddy for daytonastate.info is above an economy tier, (or a Managed WordPress plan for more than one domain) you can add the .EDU as an alias domain, directing the IP address of .EDU to the IP listed on the dashboard of the GoDaddy hosting plan.  

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Cez 

On the .EDU i'm getting the college site and the .info I get the status page - perhaps there was some propagation going on - or do you have something internal to the school network??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

That is what you should get at this time because .EDU site is not in maintenance mode. Only when .EDU is in maintenance mode I want to redirect to .into page, meaning when the user type daytonastate.edu into browser's address bar, I want them to be redirected to daytonastate.info instead of some "Future home of something quite cool" page. The redirect is not happening to my liking no matter what I do utilizing load balancer and DNS (not now but during the maintenance period). 

Cez
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @Cez,

It would seem the quickest solution would be to create a simple forward on daytonastate.edu, masked if necessary. If your DNS provider for the domain does not allow for this, you may wish to take the action at GoDaddy. You can create off-site DNS for the .EDU domain and create the forward in that way.

OR, if your hosting at GoDaddy for daytonastate.info is above an economy tier, (or a Managed WordPress plan for more than one domain) you can add the .EDU as an alias domain, directing the IP address of .EDU to the IP listed on the dashboard of the GoDaddy hosting plan.  

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post