cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

IP provided by GODaddy is Blacklisted

IP address provided by GoDaddy s blacklisted on SORBS DUHL.

Since last 3 months Godaddy has not resolved this issue.

The impact of this issue is that the customers are not receiving my emails which is resulting in the huge business loss.

Pathetic service by GODADDY.

Someone told me that GoDaddys service is not good and they prove it everytime.

-20 out of 10. This is the rating I would provide

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP provided by GODaddy is Blacklisted

@sandynamics,

you’ll want to go to the individual database service and find out their policies and procedures for getting your domain removed from the blacklist.

Helper I

I'm having this same issue. The IP is blocked, not the domain. In our case the domain that triggered the blacklist is not one we own or operate. It is someone else on the shared host.

Your suggestion that the OP could get their domain unblocked is not a good one. If they were to request to have the IP deslisted, but GoDaddy did not fix the original problem, the IP will just get blacklisted again. If this happens multiple times, the database services will no longer allow you to request a delist.

Helper I

I spoke to Support - I had to be escalated to hosting services, and then again - I was on hold for a while ( 30 min? ) but I Was just told "Thanks for your patience, we have someone working to get it delisted".

Good Job!

I guess the moral is, get on speaker phone - and just keep asking for escalations until you find someone who can address the issue. Good luck.

I don't know whether Godaddy knows about all these blacklist issues (Their support behaving like this issue happening first time). Some pretend like they are unaware about this (even after so many same cases have been registered here).

I've reached them so many times and support also called me so many times (just asking the problem and fake promises - don't know why) - and still no ETA and nothing has been fixed till now, and my domain ip is still listed in the blacklist. Hate the service!!! Won't recommend at all!!! Planning to migrate my entire list of products to another vendor.

I am trying to solve this issue with Godaddy for last three days and provided all kind of information. First,  their attitude is , this is not their fault. When you explain to them with examples, they do not know what to do. I asked them I want to speak your supervisor, they are not willing to  bring supervisor online because their argument is he will give you same answer.

I told them your (Godaddy) IP is blacklisted

IP address provided by GoDaddy is blacklisted on SORBS DUHL

166.62.39.140 ( only IP not Domain)

could you please contact SORBS for getting IP removed from the blacklist.

The impact of this issue is that the customers are not receiving my emails which is resulting in the huge business loss.

Thanks A lot

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @gustavogonzalez and Everyone. I just wanted to put an update here to explain the best way to handle situations like this. Blacklist entries like this are usually temporary and are caused by a system somewhere flagging messages that come from the IP as spam or malicious in some way. That doesn't mean it's from your address specifically. It's usually a matter of having a "bad neighbor" using the same sending email server. We do have a team at GoDaddy that is dedicated to managing our email environment and does what's needed when one of our IPs are listed. They also work to make sure listings don't happen. The best thing to do if you find that your email is sent from a blacklisted IP is to contact support to let them know. They should be able to review the issue with our advanced support team, which will result in the listing being forwarded to our email admins if they're not already aware of it.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.